Tuesday, April 28, 2009

100 word story - Why did the Monkey have a gun?

I saw a website that posts 100 word stories. I wrote one on the topic posted yesterday but was late to submit it (they have a new one everyday).

--------------------

Why did the Monkey have a gun?


Superintendent Pawar says “Saab, I’m very sorry for your loss. If you want, we can take care of that animal.”

Raghavan replies “You know, I found Johnny when I was with the Kerala forest department. He really liked us. Especially Sandhya.” His voice fades. He abruptly gets up and says “Sir, I’ll take your leave.”

They shake hands and Raghavan walks out. Pawar sighs and mutters “Motherfuck, what is this world coming to? Pet monkey shoots the wife. What next, god?”

Raghavan walks to his car. His lips reveal hint of a smile. Damn – the hours spent training that little monkey paid off.

2 comments:

  1. Your dark side is showing cool monk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! More like my morbid side. Always did have a fascination for murder mysteries, serial killer movies, etc

    ReplyDelete